Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I was lucky enough to share a couple of great beers with my brother yesterday. Unibroue's Maudite was our pre-meal beverage. It is a great example of strong Belgian beer. A very malty brew that disguises it's alcohol well. I've never had a beer I didn't love from Unibroue.



Just before the bird was carved, we cracked open the North Coast Brewing company's Brother Thelonious. This brew has a little more noticeable alcohol presence, but it's got a great combination of roasted malts with fruit from the belgian yeast. This brew combined with the triptophan in the turkey to put me in a coma shortly after lunch, but it was well worth it.



In a nutshell, you can't go wrong with high octane belgians and holiday meals. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: